Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grey Skies are Gonna Clear Up...

Another of my favorite things to shoot are interesting cloud formations. Since I'm not really the type of photographer to walk around with my camera in-hand all the time, I often find myself shooting with my Blackberry camera phone. Interestingly enough, The Tour takes some really outstanding photographs. This is, in fact, its most redeeming quality. I, otherwise, loathe this phone. Hate it with a purple, flaming passion as my grandmother used to say. It seems that even those things we dislike have some value if we search hard enough. Shots like these two keep me from just chunking the entire phone into the ocean.

                              (Madsion, WI; Lake Mendota)

This first shot was quite interesting because of the contrast in what appears to be happening in the upper and lower halves of the pic. The clouds near the bottom almost appear to be ships at sea headed off to battle while, the upper level clouds seem to form a gateway of some sort. It's almost as if there is some cosmic choice to be made.  Good v. Evil?  Heaven v. Hell? 


                              (Madison, WI; Lake Mendota)

This is a closer shot of the "portal". Quite intriguing, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.