Friday, June 11, 2010

The First Time Was an Accident....

And, ironically, many similar and subsequent shots were accidents as well. So this leads me to believe that maybe I have a bit of a secret fetish (nothing sexual, mind you) for feet. Honestly, I don't even like feet like that and I especially don't want them touching me. Go figure.

But, about ten years ago, I was involved in a summer research program held in Chicago, IL. While there, I became a part of a great group of people who eventually started calling ourselves Crunk Core (Yeah, I know, hilarious). Shout out to Joslyn, Candace, Hope, Jamelia, Curtis and Previn (RIP).  On one of our trips to visit another university, I accidentally snapped a shot of all of our feet (which was unfortunately lost for good some time ago). That shot, however, was the first time I realized that feet, much like the people to whom they are attached, are distinctly recognizable even if the face of their owner is out of view or covered by shoes and other adornments. Each of us could be clearly identified by the shape, positioning and sheer uniqueness of our feet.

Since then, I've both, accidentally and purposely, taken lots of shots of feet. Even more ironically, the first photo I have decided to post in this series called "Feet Feats" was also taken in Chicago. How feet-ing?  :D






*UPDATE!!!

This is the photo that started it all. Thanks JAM!!!





1 comment:

  1. It's funny how the best ideas often come by accident. Great work by a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.